Mai multe informatii despre Danubius Hotel Gellert Budapesta ****
Historically this is one of the 'grand' hotels of Europe and with many businessmen and travelers coming again to Budapest, it is ready to regain this accolade. The style of the interior is art nouveau, with high glass domed ceiling and ornate ironwork. The furnishings are formal, of traditional Central European design. There are many single bedrooms in addition to double rooms and delightful suites, some overlooking the Danube, others Gellert Hill. The hotel has retained its gastronomic reputation, offering Hungarian specialties and international dishes, accompanied in the evening by gypsy music.
Sophisticated guests, who admire traditional architecture and dedicated service will honour this preserved jewel of construction art and at the same time enjoy the unique historical atmosphere of the Hotel Gellert. The hotel was erected on the right bank of the River Danube between 1916 and 1918 until its opening to the public on September 24th, 1918 and has maintained the highest recognition ever since. The special ambience and furniture of the rooms together with the friendly style of the hotel are blending in perfect harmony. Next to the hotel you can find the world famous Gellert Bath.
Danubius Hotel Gellert Budapest, located in a picturesque environment at the foot of Gellert Hill, on the bank of the Danube, is ideally situated for both business and leisure travellers. This impressive location is within walking distance to Budapest's most fashionable shopping and business district with one of the most beautiful sights of Budapest, the Liberty Bridge.
* All rooms have bath or shower, direct dial telephone, minibar, colour TV, in-house movie, CNN News, BBC News. Non-smoking rooms are available.
* Only the Suites and some of the Superior Double rooms are equipped with air-conditioning!! If you need this facility, please indicate it in your reservation request!
About the Room Types
* Single Rooms with Shower are smaller in size (13sqm) than "Single Rooms with Bath" (24-28sqm), and they are NOT available on the Danube (front) side and on Gellert Hill side. They are all facing the court-yard. Both single room types can be occupied ONLY by ONE person. Extra beds are not available here!
* Standard Double Rooms have a size of 31-35sqm, and they overlook mainly the hill side.
* All Superior Double Rooms (35-40sqm) are overlooking the river, and they have exclusive furniture.
* The SUITES (56-62sqm) are located on the front corners of the building, but there are a few suites at the back of the hotel (overlooking the Gellert Baths) and the Gellert Hill as well. (the above suite prices are effective for two persons, the price of the "Extra bed" has to be added to this price, if more than two persons occupy a suite!)
Closed car parking for 8 Euro per night.
GELLERT THERMAL BATHS & TREATMENT CENTER
(Under different management)
THE ENTRY IS FREE FOR ALL THE GUESTS OF THE HOTEL TO THE SWIMMING POOLS (indoor and outdoor) AND THE THERMAL BATHS (separated for men and women).
Business centre * Central safe * 24-hour open reception * Organisation of Programmes * Function rooms * Conference rooms * Hotel taxi * Souvenir shop * Restaurant * Brasserie * Drinkbar * Movie channel * Computer connection * Minibar * In-room safe * Non-smoking rooms * Room-service * Pets allowed * Baby-sitter upon request * Laundry * Dry cleaning * Massage * Outdoor swimming pool * Indoor pool * Indoor swimming pool * Jacuzzi * Sauna * Solarium * Open-air bath * Beauty parlour * Hairdresser * Surgery * Dentist * Other medical services * Rheumathology